Skip to main content

My 100 Days Plan of School Principalship



Dion Ginanto

            Being a principal is an honor job. However, not all people can bear the burden of being the leader of a school. A lot of principals are successful in moving their schools forward, but a lot of them are failing to lead. The failure of a principal is not merely because s/he is not capable to lead; rather, s/he fails to set up a principal’s plan; I argue that the success of leading is determined by the success of your leading in your first 100 days. Therefore, to make a great start, every principal needs to have a good plan for his or her first steps. Joseph (2012), wrote, “The first hundred days of the school year is important, whether you are a new principal or a veteran principal. As a new principal, you will establish basic operating procedures and begin to cultivate the norms of your school. As a veteran principal, you will have the opportunity to reflect on your practices from previous years, and you can begin the reculturing process as you strive continuously to improve your school for children, parents, and staff” (p. xiii). In this paper I discuss my vision of leading, my vision of learning, my vision of school, and my 100 days principalship plan.




A.   Vision of Leading
My vision of leading is: “Leading with CHEETAH (Creative, Honest, Enthusiasm, Elegant, Trust, Accountable, and hardworking) to implement school success.” I believe that by having the elements of CHEETAH, I can lead my building efficiently and effectively.

B.    Vision of Learning
My vision of learning is: “Leading with EPICS (Equitable, Positive, Intellectually based, Collaborative, and Safe) for a positive learning climate.” I believe that the success of the school starts in the classroom. Hall and Geroge in Freiberg (1999) wrote that the role of teachers is to make a positive climate in the classroom, while a principal is responsible for creating a positive climate in the school. Therefore, by having these elements of EPICS, I believe I can trigger students’ achievement.
C.   Vision of School
I understand that creating a vision of the school needs to be done together with the school’s staff. However, as a future principal I need to have a vision as my guidance to where I need to bring my school. My school vision is: “Creating a Positive School Climate to create successful students.” I will bring my school vision to the staff meeting in my 100 days program, and together with the staff we will either maintain the vision of the school that has already existed, or modify it.
D.   My 100 days planning
Starting a new job or a new career is one of life’s great moments. The road ahead promises adventure, opportunity, and independence. Long-delayed dreams can finally be realized. Everything seems possible. Bumps? Obstacles? Who want to thing about such things when the world is alive with possibilities? Yet in fresh situation filled with opportunities, there are always land mines concealed just below the surface. Too often, we discover them only when they blow up in our faces. Enthusiasm and optimism can quickly erode into a mire of disappointment and disillusionment. New comers will always encounter bumps and an unfamiliar road. (Bolman and Deal, 2010, p. 26)

To get ready for the bumps and obstacles, as written by Bolman and Deal (2010) above, we need to learn about the school we want to lead. It does not matter whether you are a novice or a veteran principal; we need to learn about the school we will lead.
Figure 1: My 100 Days Planning



·      The stages of my 100 days planning are: I will make good relations with the people in the building first. I will then review data to be able to set the direction of my school. After I succeeded in figuring out the data and the school’s direction, I will develop the people and the organization. The final output of my 100 days planning is having a good start to accomplish the success of the school.
·      I divide my 100 days planning by months: July, August, and September + 10.
·      I will use my visions of leading, of learning and of the school as guidance for my 100 days planning.


To make my 100 days planning more manageable, I have divided it by: monthly-based, theme-based, and rationale based. I also explain my hundred days planning based on the question: “What, who and how is this program for?”
1. July
As shown in the table, I have divided my 100 days planning based on the big themes: Developing Relationships, Reviewing Data, Setting Directions and Developing People and Organization.



Developing Relationships (July)
a.     Rationale
Bolman and Deal (2010) asserted that novice principals need to work on building relationships with key players. They suggested that principals spend time and find out how they think, what is important to them, and what they would like from you. They asserted that the better your relationships, the more likely you are to build support and defuse opposition. From the table, there are some actions that can be done by the principals in the first month (July):
1)    Identify mentors, priests, and storytellers: Bolman and Deal (2010) wrote that a new principal should identify informants, since they can tell how things came to be and instruct you in cultural mores and norms. They will also give  


you important lessons on what works and what to avoid. In taking this step, I will approach the staff who have been working in the school for a long time. I will approach them informally and make them comfortable to talk with me.
2)    Talk in person to staff/administrators: Joseph (2012) listed one action that can be done by the novice principal: “Meet individually with leadership team members” (p.117). In implementing this entry planning, I will make a timetable to have an informal and in-person meeting with my staff and administrators. I can either invite them to my office room, or I can jump in to their table.
3)    Staff and teacher meeting, plus traditional food party. This meeting is for introducing each other, 4) Meeting with Students association e-board, 5) Schedule meeting with parents, supervisor, board members, and superintendents; invite them to the school party. I quote one of Joseph (2012) programs in his book, “schedule meet-and-greets with staff and parents throughout the community” (p. 117). I added students to my meeting agenda, since in Indonesia every school has  a student organization that implements extracurricular activities. This meeting is designed to make students, staff and parents more familiar with their new principal. I will use the food party setting to make the meeting less formal.
b. What, Who and How is this program for?
The aim of this program is to develop a strong relationship of a novice principal with the staff, teachers, students, and parents. The way of doing this is informally and personally.  The target of this program is to enhance a strong commitment to work together in realizing a better school. 



Reviewing Data (July)
a. Rationale
Skiba and Sprague (2008) contended that data-based decision making is interwoven throughout school-wide positive behavior support. In line with this, the Wallace Foundation, in Whitehead, Boschee, and Decker (2013), asserted that the principal should be able to manage people, data, and the process of fostering school improvement. Consequently, to lead in my first month, I need to be able to use data to avoid making decisions based only on assumptions. Things that I will do for reviewing data in July are: 1. review students’ data, 2. review the teachers and staffs’ curriculum vitae, and 3. conduct a survey about teacher, students, staff.  This survey is aimed to know what teachers, staff and students want for school change.
By conducting a review of staff, teacher, and student’ data, I can create a leadership map of the school. I can figure out what students need, and what help I should give to my teachers and staff. I can also know more about my staff and teachers by reading their curriculum vitae. Another important thing that I will do regarding the data is that I will conduct a survey of my teachers, students, and staff. By having survey data, I can get authentic and scientific data about people in the building.
b.     What, Who and How will this program for
The target of conducting this plan is to get authentic and scientific data about the students, teachers, and staffs. By having this kind of data, I can make decisions, which are not based only on my assumptions.


Setting Directions (July)
a.     Rationale
ELCC (Educational Leadership Constituent Council) standard number 1.3 says that a principal needs to be able to steward a school vision of learning. As a principal, I will try my best to guide my staff to set the direction of our school together.  In the first month of my leadership, I will not change or adjust the school’s vision; rather, I will learn the about previous visions of the school. Joseph (2010) also listed this in his first 100 days planning. He wrote, “Begin creating a graphic of your beliefs and vision of teaching” (p.117). In July, the activities I will do are: 1. learn the school culture: Hero, heroine, icons, and rituals, and 2. read and learn about previous school visions, missions, and goals.
b.     What, Who and How is this Program for?
The expectation of this month’s program regarding setting directions is that I have a deep view of the vision of my school. Therefore, during this month I will learn the school’s culture, vision, mission, and goals that have already existed in my school. By having a big picture of my school’s vision and mission, I will be able to decide whether I will keep, adjust, or change them.
Developing People and Organization (July)  
a.     Rationale
One of the roles of a principal is to be instructional leader. As an instructional leader, a principal is encouraged to motivate the staff to enhance the quality of the people as well as the instruction in the building. Whitehead, Boschee, and Decker (2013) defined instructional leader as follows: “The principal is responsible for improvement of instructional practices, that is, using research-based methodology to enhance the learning for diverse learners in the classroom” (p.44). In my opinion, developing people and organization is aimed at creating a positive school climate. I quote the teaching material of Prof. Beth Smith in her EAD 812 class:
People are the heart of any organization.  When people feel the organization is responsive to their needs and supportive of their goals, managers and leaders can count on their followers’ commitment and loyalty.  Managers and leaders who are authoritarian or insensitive, who don’t communicate effectively, or who simply don’t care about their people can never be effective managers and leaders. The job of the manager and leader is one of support and empowerment (Slide p. 2).

Smith (2013) also asserted that people need organization, and organization needs people. Therefore, I will try my best to balance this mutual relationship to make a positive school climate. By having a positive school climate, I will have a better instructional process in the building. In this step, I will: 1. create the map of political terrain in the building: pro-change, oppose change, and in between; and 2. set up the program that promotes greater collaboration.
I believe that by having a clear map of the political terrain, I can understand more about my staff. Bolman and Deal (2010) wrote that it is important to know the political terrain of the school, because school is a collection of different individuals and groups with enduring differences in backgrounds, beliefs, and agendas. Accordingly, after I know the political terrain, I will be able more easily to develop my staff and organization, and I will finally be able to figure out the programs that promote greater collaboration.   
b.     What, who and How is this Program for?
The basic aim of this planning is that I achieve a clear view of those I will lead. By having an understanding of the political terrain, I will not be afraid to make a wrong decision in regard to developing people and the organization. Also, in this step I will design a program that can make all people in the building collaborate effectively in achieving school goals.


2. AUGUST

Developing Relationships (August)
a.     Rationale
1)   Meeting with Vice Principals (commonly in Indonesia, we have four vice principals in a high school) to discuss the school’s vision and change. 2) Meeting with predecessor. Whitehead, Boschee, and Decker (2013) listed one of the roles of principals as a bureaucratic executive, which means that a principal is perceived as a member of a well-developed educational bureaucracy with clearly defined bases of power and responsibility. My aim of meeting with vice principals is to ask their opinion about the meeting that I will hold with everyone in the building. Therefore, in the meeting we have, the same perspectives will help us run the meeting smoothly. Meanwhile, meeting with my predecessor is aimed to learn as much information as possible, because the school principal’s predecessor understands the strengths and weaknesses of the school.
3) Conduct a school meeting: teachers, staff, students representatives, custodians, librarians, etc., to talk about school vision, SWOT analysis, and plan of change-if needed. Joseph (2012) wrote that a leader of a school needs to create the conditions necessary to revisit or to create a shared vision. Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, and Threats (SWOT) analysis is also important to be conducted by a leader, in order to enable the leader to understand some possibilities and risks of a policy.
b.     What, who and How is this Program for?
The Developing Relationships program in August is aimed to build relationships with people who had and have power and responsibility in the school. Then, after I get the big picture of the school’s vision and the school’s SWOT analysis, I will conduct a big meeting of all people in the building to discuss the school’s vision and whether or not it need to be changed.
Reviewing Data
a.     Rationale

·      Conduct classroom walkthroughs: One of the aims of conducting a classroom walkthrough, according to Downey, et.al (2004), is “to promote teacher use of assessment for diagnostic purposes to determine prerequisites, and acquisition and mastery of the learning” (p.8). In conducting classroom walkthroughs, I will influence teacher’s thinking without giving any judgmental analysis. I believe that by having them discuss with me, we can share and end up with a common desire to change to a better instructional approach. The key point about the walkthrough is that both principal and teachers can walk the talk (being committed to do the actions). Also, to make the walkthrough runs smoothly, I will promote SBIQ (Situation, Behavior, Impact, and then pose Question) in my building. Meloche (2013) suggested that the feedback of classroom walkthrough is based on SBIQ. (For more information about SBIQ, please visit: http://dionginanto.blogspot.com/2013/03/classroom-walkthrough-sbiq.html and read the attachment of SBIQ by Meloche, 2013).
·      Review and learn the school’s curriculum: In Indonesia at the moment, we use the School-Based Curriculum. The curriculum enables every school to modify or improvise the content, based on the school’s needs.  Therefore, every school has different curriculum. By having good mastery of the curriculum used in the school, I will easily provide the destination of the school curriculum. Whitehead, Boschee, and Decker (2013) asserted that one of the roles of the leader is to provide the destination and/or path for the development and implementation of a comprehensive school curriculum.
b.     What, who and How this Program for
In doing this step, the final target is to gain authentic data about teaching and learning activities by conducting a classroom walkthrough in every class. The walkthroughs that I will conduct will last for three to five minutes. The main aim of my walkthrough is not to change teachers’ behavior by telling them how to teach effectively, but rather to have a discussion with them about the teaching and learning program in the classroom that best promotes students’ achievement. I will also learn the curriculum that is currently being used in the school. Having a deep understanding of the curriculum is important to avoid using assumptions in making policy regarding the curriculum.
Setting Direction (August)
a.     Rationale
·      Do a school visit to the international school in the neighboring county.
One of the roles of the principal in 2000-to-present era, according to Whitehead, Boschee, and Decker (2013), is as a global learning leader who is encouraged to make connections and enable students to develop global perspectives. Therefore, to make that happen, as a principal I need to learn from the only international high school in my province (SMA Titian Teras). I will learn how the school maintains the quality of its teachers, students, and facilities.
·       Package school vision. Having a strong vision of the school is very important. The school will not end up with success if it does not have a clear and strong vision. Joseph (2012) contended that dealing with the school’s vision, includes setting of the top priorities for actions in the next year or two.

b.     What, who and How this Program for
The target of this step is that I as a principal can work together with the staff in setting up the directions of the school, by arranging the top priorities for action based on the school’s vision. Also, I need to infuse the values of the international high school in my province into my school. I hope by having a clear view of the parameters of a good school, and top priorities for action, all the staff will easily collaborate to accomplish the school’s goal.
Developing People and Organization (August)

a.     Rationale

·      Developing deep understanding of how to support teachers: From his research, Johnson (2008) revealed that principals need to give greater help to teachers in content knowledge. If I adopt the idea of Johnson, who conducted his research in the United States, I need to have really deep information about what kinds of help the teachers need to improve their instruction. The challenge that I will encounter is that in my country the so-called Professional Development (PD) or Professional Learning Community (PLC) are not really familiar in most schools in Indonesia. Thus, I will conduct both a personal and an official approach to gather the necessary information about how to support teachers through interviews, unofficial talks, observations, surveys, etc.
·      Building a collaborative process. One of the roles of the school principal in the 2000 - present era is as a collaborative leader. This means that school leaders are encouraged to work with teacher leaders and to facilitate a team approach for decision making and learning (Whitehead, Boschee, and Decker, 2013). I see this step as challenging, since in my school, based on my observations so far, the culture of collaboration among the teachers is very small. Therefore, I need to work harder to build the collaborative process among people in the building. One thing that I will try to assure to my school is by changing “I to we”.
b.     What, who and How is this Program for?
The main aim of this step is to create a collaborative tradition in the building. Positive collaboration among staff, teachers, and students will create a positive school climate. By having a positive school climate, the success of the school can be achieved more easily.


3. September + 10 Days


1.     Developing Relationship (September + 10 Days)
a. Rationale
·      Conduct a sport tournament for teachers in welcoming Independence Day of Indonesia. Bolman and Deal (2010) argued that a school principal should be able to spend time with people. This approach is aimed at getting closer to those who seem distant or who disagree with you. By conducting informal activities, such as a sport tournament among teachers, I can more unofficially associate with them. The first week of September would be great, since our Independence Day is every August 17. I will not conduct a sport tournament at the school in August, because a lot of people will be busy with the independence ceremony held by the local government.
·      Home visit for parents to increase parental involvement. Lopez, et.al (2000) wrote about ways to increase parental involvement at school, by: (1) initiating parental contact; (2) making non-traditional strategies and means to get parents involved in their children’s education; (3) giving adult education and training for parents; and (4) being accountable to parents. In line with this, Noguera (2004) asserted that “When parents are respected as partners in the education of their children, and when they are provided with organizational support, which enables them to channel interests to the benefit of the school, the entire culture of the organization can be transformed” (p. 15). Therefore, the first action that I will conduct in September is to do home visits for parents. If I cannot reach them all, I will make a regular phone call, or post an updating report about students and school through the website.



   b. What, Who and How is this Program for?
    This month program is targeted to make a closer relationship among the principal, the teachers, and parents. Some programs, such as a sport tournament for teachers and home visits, are considered effective programs to build stronger collaboration relationship.
2.     Reviewing Data (September + 10 Days)
a.     Rationale
Conduct school observations. Observation is believed to be one effective approach to improve students’ learning as part of their preparation for competing in the emerging global world (Whitehead, Boschee, and Decker, 2013). Again, in conducting the survey I will not give judgmental feedback to my teachers; rather, I will ask them to discuss with me about the instructional process in their class. I will also empower teachers to conduct classroom observations in each other’s classroom. I will use protocols to help me and my teachers discuss the feedback. Protocol is a set of guide that can make the meeting more effective. The example of protocol can be seen in the attachment 2. In this paper, I also attach the feedback timeline in attachment 3, and the conversation sentence starters of the observation feedback cycle in attachment 4.
·      Analyze school data: Survey, walkthrough, and observation. Joseph (2012) puts analyzing the data in his first 100 days plan. By analyzing the data, principals will be able to measure what needs to be prioritized in their programs. Also, by analyzing the data, principals will avoid assumption-based policy.
b.     What, who and how is this program for?
The target of this month’s “Reviewing the Data” is for me to analyze the data that I have ever conducted in July and August. Survey, walkthroughs, and observation data are valuable assets for me to determine what change I should enact in my building. 
3.     Setting Direction (September + 10 Days)
a.     Rationale
·      Together create high performance expectations. One of the core components of school performance is high performance expectations. Goldring, et al., (2007) categorized the high standards of student learning as, a. both teachers and students the rigorous learning goals; b. teachers and students have high expectations of success; c. the gap between advantaged and less advantaged students is closed; and d. the overall academic achievement of all students is raised. When I become a principal, creating a high standard of students’ learning will be my priority in my 100 days planning. This is because we can motivate students and teachers when we all agree to set up the high performance expectations. I believe everyone will work hard to achieve this expectation.
·      Together develop a rigorous curriculum that promotes students learning. Goldring, et al., (2007) also put rigorous curriculum in their components of school performance. They argued that the curriculum needs to be adjusted to meet the need of the students. In implementing this program, I will combine eastern and western curricula. I will pick the positive values of western philosophy, and I will remove those that do not fit our culture (think globally but act locally). I will also encourage teachers to create lesson plans which are useful to the students’ future. The most important thing is that I will make sure that the school curriculum is adjusted to up-to-date materials.
·      Make plans for infrastructural construction. I will do this program because I think infrastructure (building quality, classroom facility, parking lot, etc) affects the school climate. If we can make a positive school climate, we can easily create school success. Freiberg and Stein in Freiberg (1999) defined school slimate as the quality of a school that helps students feel personal worth, dignity, and importance. Having a positive school climate will also increase students’ sense of belonging.
b.     What, who and How is this program for?
In this stage I will start to think about the school’s direction. I will start to make a rigorous curriculum, and high expectations for students’ performance, and I will create a positive climate, especially in building infrastructures’ planning. In this stage, I realize that I already have good relations with the people in the buildings; therefore, I will push and empower them to make higher expectations for our school performance.
4.     Developing People and Organization (September + 10 Days)
a.     Rationale
·      Build shared/distributed leadership. Distributed leadership poses the challenge of how to distribute responsibility and authority for guidance and direction of instruction, and learning about instruction, so as to increase the likelihood that the decisions of individual teachers and the principal about what to do, and what to learn how to do, combine into collective benefits for student learning (Elmore, 2000). Distributed leadership is not really familiar in schools in Indonesia. Thus, I will be challenged to promote this leadership style in my school, because in my opinion, distributed leadership is very valuable for all teachers to learn about how to lead and how to have leadership roles in the building.
·       Conduct professional development (PD) and make a schedule of PD for teachers: Whitehead, Boschee, and Decker (2013) defined Professional Development as the most effective means of leading and ensuring transformational change. PD can increase comprehensive professional growth for staff.  After I understand about the teachers’ needs and character, I will conduct PD at the school. I will also make a timetable for teachers to be registered for the PD at the county or province levels. PD is very important to maintain the quality of teachers and the quality of instruction. By considering the growth of information and technology, teachers need also to enrich their capacity in the area of IT.
·      Conduct professional learning community (PLC). In doing PLC, I will adopt the idea of Novak (2013), to focus on three areas of learning community: professional learning, leadership, and collaboration. I understand that PLC is not really familiar in Indonesia, but I believe that by starting to promote this culture, I can spark the spirit of PLC in other schools.
·      Manage the environment and strengthen school culture and safety. Another role of principals is as a guardian for a safe school. This means that school leaders must be able to address safety issues, including bullying, discrimination, and violence (Whitehead, Boschee, and Decker, 2013). To deal with this program, I will promote capacity building for students and/or teachers about issues of discrimination, bullying, violence, clean environment, discipline, etc. I will invite the trainers to help us figure out resolving these kinds of issues.
·       Create positive communication with government and private sectors. One of important role of a principal is to be a community leader. The collaborative value is part of the ELCC standard # 4.1:Collaborate with families and other community members (Whitehead, Boschee, and Decker, 2013). In my 100 days planning, I will create a schedule of meetings with local government and private sectors, to have discussions about how the school can collaborate with them. By having good communication with them, the school can benefit from their donations, which are very important for the school.
b.     What, Who and How is this program for?
In my September + 10 days stage, I will start to develop each part of the building: teachers and staff, infrastructure, and environment. This stage is targeted for all elements in the school to pursue quality performance in achieving the success of the school.
Conclusion
         There is a beautiful anonymous proverb: “Plan Your Work and Work Your Plan.” This proverb is simple yet difficult to be implemented. It is easy to create a 100 days planning list; however, it will be difficult to implement the list in real work. Therefore, if I become a principal, I will always have this 100 days planning with me. I will make a checklist on what has been done, what is being done, and what will be done. I will focus on four main topics as the priority of my actions: Developing relationships, reviewing data, setting directions, and developing people and organization. I will also adopt the values of leading defined by Joseph (2012): encouragement, know-how, and enthusiasm. To end this paper, I quote another beautiful proverb: “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail!” This means, if you want to succeed in leading your school, you need to have a good plan. Having 100 days planning will guide me in how to have a good start in my principalship.

Reference:
Bolman, L. & Deal, T. (2010) Reframing the path to school leadership. 2nd edition. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press.

Downey, C.J., Steffy, B.E., Enflish, F.W., Frase, L.E., & Poston, W.K. (2004). The three-minute classroom walk-through: Changing school supervisory practices one teacher at a time. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press.

Elmore, R.F. (2000). Building a new structure for school leadership. Washington, D.C.: The Albert Shanker Institute.
Freiberg, H. J. (Ed.) (1999). School Climate: Measuring, Improving and Sustaining Healthy Learning Environments. New York: Routledge Falmer.

Goldring, E., Porter, A.C., Murphy, J., Elliot, S.N. & Cravens, X. (2007). Assessing learning centered-leadership: Connections to research, professional standards, and current practices. Nashville, TN: Vanderbilt University.

Lopez, Scribner, and Mahiticanichcha (2001). Redefining Parental Involvement: Lessons From High-Performing Migrant-Impacted Schools. American Educational Research Journal.

Johnoson, Jean., (2008). Special topic/The principal’s priority 1: Public Agenda Reports, 66(1), 72-76

Joseph, Shwan. (2012). The principal’s guide to the first 100 days of the school year: Creating instructional momentum. New York: Eye On Education.

Meloche, B. (2013) Difficult conversations-situation-behavior-impact-question. MSU: Unpublished (teaching materials).
Noguera, P. A. (2004). Transforming urban schools through investments in the social capital of parents.  New York, New York:  In Motion Magazine.

Novak, Stephanie. (2013). How we became a learning school. Retrieved from: http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/learning_forwards_pd_watch/2013/01/how_we_became_a_learning_school.html.

Skiba, R., & Sprague, J. (2008) Safety without suspensions. The Positive Classroom. 66(1) pages 38-43.

Smith, Beth Ann. (2013). The human resources frame (Week 13). A class presentation. Michigan: Michigan State University.

Whitehead, B., Bjoschee, F., Decker, R., (2013). The principal: Leadership for a global society; Los Angeles CA., Sage.





Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice article :)

Popular posts from this blog

Sampling

This slides provide you:  1. the definition of sampling  2. sampling frame 3. determining the size of your sample  4. sampling procedure (Probability and non-probability)  Please follow/download the link for the Power Point Slides

Jadwal UTBK 2020 & SBMPTN Terbaru: Pendaftaran Juni, Tes Bulan Juli

Ilustrasi UTBK. FOTO/Istockphoto tirto.id - Lembaga Tes Masuk Perguruan Tinggi (LTMPT) memastikan Ujian Tulis Berbasis Komputer (UTBK) 2020 tetap akan dilaksanakan meski jadwalnya diubah karena dampak pandemi corona (Covid-19).  Hal ini diketahui dari penerbitan surat edaran resmi LTMPT Nomor 11/SE.LTMPT/2020 yang terbita pada Senin, 6 April 2020.  Melalui surat edaran resmi tersebut, Ketua Tim Pelaksana LTMPT Mohammad Nasih mengumumkan jadwal pelaksanaan UTBK 2020 resmi berubah. Jadwal pendaftaran UTBK dan Seleksi Bersama Masuk Perguruan Tinggi Negeri (SBMPTN) 2020 juga berubah. Demikian pula jadwal pengumuman SBMPTN 2020.  Adapun jadwal UTBK dan SBMPTN 2020 yang terbaru adalah sebagai berikut: 1. Pendaftaran UTBK dan SBMPTN dilaksanakan pada tanggal 2-20 Juni 2020 2. Pelaksanaan UTBK 2020 berlangsung pada 5-12 Juli 2020 3. Pengumuman SBMPTN 2020 dilaksanakan pada 25 Juli 2020.   Menurut Nasih, pendaftaran UTBK dan SBMPTN 2020 dilakukan secara bersamaan

Cerita Horor: Sumur Tua SMANDALAS (5)

Cerita Sebelumnya  Sumur Tua SMANDALAS (1)   Sumur Tua SMANDALAS (2) Sumur Tua SMANDALAS (3) Sumur Tua SMANDALAS (4) Matahari seakan enggan terbit di atas langit SMANDELAS. Awan seolah terlihat muram. Suara burung yang biasa berkicau di pepohonan depan kelas, kini seolah menghilang. Hening, hanya rekaman bel pertanda pergantian jam pelajaran yang selalu memecah kesunyian. Lima hari berlalu. Jamal belum diketemukan. Polisi belum juga mendapatkan klue. Sekolah telah berusaha mencari keberadaan Jamal, siang dan malam. Seluruh warga sekolah digerakkan. Tapi belum juga membuahkan hasil yang signifikan. Diko, Rudi, Riko, dan Juno seolah tak lagi mendapat kepercayaan. Setelah kejadian pencarian Jamal di sumur, mereka berempat tak pernah lagi diajak bertukar fikiran untuk mencari keberadaan Jamal. Terkahir kalinya, mereka dimintai keterangan oleh pihak Polres Batanghari. Setelah itu, mereka ditinggalkan.   Namun, Diko malah termotivasi untuk membuktikan bahwa ada